Dave Leonard - Chairman
Mandy Forster - Secretary, Child Welfare Officer - Squash
Kevin Forster - Leagues, Competitions, Junior Co-ordinator, Website,
Squash Subsciptions & England Squash Level 2 Coach
Tracey Coats - Competitions, Junior Co-ordinator, England Squash Level 2 Coach
Mick Barnes - Team Representative
Ian Davies - House Committee
Tommy Elves - Squash Committee Member
Marc Shipley - Squash Committee Member & Club Treasurer
BOLDON CRICKET AND SQUASH CLUB
SQUASH COMMITTEE MEETING Monday 10th July 2017
1. Attendance Dave Leonard, Kevin Forster, Mandy Forster, Tracey Coats, Marc Shipley,
2. Apologies Mick Barnes
3. Minutes of Last Meeting Accepted
4. Matters Arising
5. Executive Update
5.1 Marc reported that bills are being paid and accounts are in order.
5.2 Money received from Marstons.
5.3 Schedule of works being taken forward by Club Executive Committee:
· Quote received from Wearside Windows for replacement of function room windows, awaiting price from Chris Ellison;
· Prices received for Security lighting;
· Work to renew pathways will be undertaken when cricket season finishes;
· Non-priority works are not being done yet but will be reviewed in due course;
· Membership card system not going ahead as costs are too prohibitive;
· Marc is querying the price of tiles to assist progress of the insurance claim;
· Executive Committee has agreed to the cost of both the heater for Court 2 and paint required for Courts 1,3 and 4.
6 Squash Business
6.1 Summer teams still going strong, 3 games left to play.
6.2 Decision needed by 15th July for 4th team – agreed to progress this although leaders required for both 3rd and 4th teams. It was also agreed to invite all interested parties to a Team discussion on Wednesday 19th July at 7.15pm, Kevin to do mail shot.
6.3 Kevin confirmed the Squash Club is fully affiliated to England Squash.
6.4 A number of ladies are playing each Tuesday evening as a follow on from Squash Girls Can taking place each Sunday morning. In response to a query about female membership Kevin confirmed there are approximately 10 lady members playing regularly.
6.5 Refurbishment of courts 1,3 & 4 – to be carried out before September.
6.6 Kevin reported that Westoe Squash Club are to get new club premises and have plans for glass back courts and a viewing area for at least 150 people in order to hold competitions and county matches. Therefore it is imperative that we keep updating our facilities to both retain our current membership and attract new members. As part of this it was agreed that enquiries should be made to find out costs of a glass back court on court 4 (Kevin to seek quotes) and Dave is to look into funding from Sept/Oct 2017.
7.1 Membership is currently 158, with a further 2 members likely to join this month.
8 Health & Safety
8.1Marc has received quotes from South Tyneside Council Cleaning Services, to be passed on to the Executive Committee for progression. However, at a suggestion by Dave it was agreed that the Executive Committee be asked to ensure that the existing cleaning staff be invited to tender a quote to the same specification as the Council Cleaning Services.
8.2 Baby Changing Facility fitted in Bar Ladies toilets.
Date of next meeting Monday 14th August at 7.15pm